Tuesday 28 January 2014

Lit NitWit: Citadel

Can you tell I like alliteration?? I love Books based in World War 2, The Silver Sword, Goodnight Mr Tom, The Boy in The Striped Pajamas to name but a few. I don't really what it is about it, maybe because it was relatively not too long ago and people are still alive that lived through it, and it is really interesting to me.

I was in a bookshop in Dundalk, and I spotted Citadel by Kate Mosse




Carcassonne 1942
A spirited and courageous young woman, Sandrine finds herself drawn into the world of the resistance in Carcassonne under German Occupation...

I enjoyed this book immensly! Love stories and World War 2, you can't  go wrong! Oh my it was some read. I felt there was a small bit of filing in the 3rd quarter but other than that it was so enjoyable. The development of the main character was well done and the storyline  is unlike anything I've read before. There is actually also a mini story that runs along the main text which follows Arinius in 342AD carrying out his calling, which is linked to the main story too
 How often is there a WW2 book with a fantasy undertone?? (I'm trying  not to give anything away)

This is actually the third book in an interconnected series. Labyrinth (which was recently made into a TV series with Tom Felton I believe) and Sepulchre are the first two. I didn't realise this until after I had started, they are all connected and have intertwining characters but are all readable independently. I understood 99%, but I would recommend reading the first two to have an absolute understanding if you get my drift.

Also yes I did tear up at the end (while in my brothers martial arts class, and got an odd look from a 11 year old)

Have you read any of Kate Mosses' books?? What are you reading at the moment??
The 

No comments:

Post a Comment