Friday 24 January 2014

Haul fired up!

Opps, I headed off to Cork last week accidentally wandered into Boots and New Look........I blame my cousin for enabling me to buy  the make up !!


I chose the Colour Fair
The reason I went into Boots in the first place was to but the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer...but they were all out. Instead after reading and seeing Kate AKA Ghostparties raving about the seventeen phwoarr paint. I have it in fair and I was interested to see how it compared to the Collection lasting perfection and Benefits Boing concealer, both of which I use religiously.










While I was at the seventeen counter the Flawless Poreless Primer also caught my eye. The only primer I have ever had was a sample size of Benefits Porefessional (which is amazing) but I wanted an affordable primer I could wear going to work or go out. Unlike Porefessional it comes in pressed powder typecontainer. I'm looking forward to trying it out before work.








The highstreet/drugstore make up I love the most has to be Bourjois. The majority of my foundations have been Bourjois and I love their eye shadows. On this particular trip there was a Buy One get one half price, so they twisted my arm and I purchased theBourjois Colour Edition 24H in Or Desir and the 1 Seconde Gel Texture Nail Polish in Beige Distiction. The Cream to powder eyeshadow looks like a rose-gold/brown but comes up much more sheer on the skin. I plan on using this as an eyelid primer for my Naked Palette as well as wearing it on its own.The Nail Polish is a nude with an salmon undertone. Instead of nude nails, it almost Looks like the colour of Barbies' nails in my opinion, I like it, a change from the nudes with a more of a brown/grey undertone.






The final thing I bought in Boots was the ecotools Fresh and Flawless Five Piece complexion set. This set has a flat concealer brush, a buffing concealer brush, a precision foundation brush, a complexion blending brush and a full powder brush. I don't know if I'll use all the brushes for their intended purposes but they are super soft and cruelty free so I shall give em a whirl and get back to ye.



I ran out of my foundation recently and I went to my local pharmacy to try out the new bourjois Healthy Mix foundation...........but they were out of my shade, and I needed a foundation for work so I ended up picking up the Catrice Photo Finish 18 hour liquid foundation and I picked up the colour rosy beige. This has a higher coverage than I'm used to, so I am only really wearing it at night, but it is long lasting and matches me well and the price is reasonable for the amount of product you get.









Glamazona
Don't Think just Pink
L-Don't Think just Pink
R-Glamazona











I also picked up two of the Catrice Pure Shine colour lip balms  in the Colours 'Don't think just pink' and 'Glamazona'. 'Glamazona' was limited edition but it a gorgeous hot pink and Don't Think Just Pink is a very cute nude-pink. I love these because I can just pop them into my bag and apply them on the go. They're not too sticky and they are lovely and moisturising. I highly recommend them.




And Finally the last thing I bought recently were these black lace up ankle boots. I had been on the lookout for some black boots and thought I actually wanted some Chelsea boots, but I saw these and they just called out to me. when I wear them I kinda feel like I should be off trekking somewhere I've never been before and they're cute and didn't cost too much either.



OK deep breath, that was quite a lot of stuff. If you'd like to know about any of the things I got in more detail comment or tweet me @niamhmlny.

No comments:

Post a Comment