Saturday 29 November 2014

Podcasts I listen to.

My friend pulled out her phone and opened up her Podcasts app, showed me some of her favourites and the rest is history. The best thing about Podcasts is you listen to anything that interests you, you can keep them or delete and if a topic doesn't interest you, you don't have to listen to it at all and it doesn't cost you anything, unless you want to go to their  website and donate or buy merchandise.
Here are some of my favourites (I subscribe to them via the Podcasts App from the App Store)




The Dork Forrest by Jackie Kashian:
Jackie Kasian is a comedienne over in the states, who invites people to her house, and they explain they dork out about whatever they want. I've heard people dork out about,hockey teams, manners, fashion, Poirot, make up, really anything the guest loves. Its really interesting listening to people thoroughly enjoy random things and being allowed to  talk about it.



All New Friends by Hello Giggles:
I follow Zoey DeChanel website Hello Giggles on Bloglovin and Facebook and over the summer it was announced that Tatti and Kady would be making a podcast together. The premise of this podcast is they would chat together first, discuss a first (first concert, first thing they were good at).Then before their special guest arrives (they don't know who's coming on) they read the guest Horoscope for that day and try and guess what the person will be like. Their guest have included Psychics bikers, the band Rixton and comedienne Little Ester. I like the one with Little Ester, I tweet the presenters, and they mentioned me, and yes I did fangirl a bit.



Death, Sex and Money by Anna Sale:
Anna Sale interviews like no other person I listen to, it's like she's known the interviewee all their lives and knows so much about them. She asks the question no one else has asked the interviewee, maybe a question they haven't even asked themselves, and her voice seems so honest and interested the interviewee looks to thoroughly answer the question.
Recently she asked the listeners about their experiences with funerals and inserts their responses into the podcast.




Freakonomics Radio by Stephen J. Dubnar and WNYC:
I was never into Buisness Studies or Economics, but about 4 years ago I read Freakonomics the book and realised Economics is associated with almost everything! From Bread at Tables to Smiling at Customers, to Ulcer causing bacteria and the American Education system Stephen Dubner interviews the Expert Economists and other Experts at that field and examine it and issues that arise when examined. It's both educating and entertaining, I feel a bit smarter after listening to it.





Rhod Gilbert's Best Bits: 
Rhod Gilbert is a Welsh comedian who has a radio show on BBC Wales on a Saturday. This show makes me giggle tremendously. Rhod and his co-presenter, which is usually a fellow Welsh man, look for the most ridiculous headlines in the paper and give their slant on it. They also reply to the emails and texts sent in by listeners and ask listeners to respond to their questions which include 'Have you ever lost your favourite hat?'. A very light hearted podcast that cheers me up whenever I listen to it.





Honourable Mentions: Sex Nerd Sandra (everything you ever wanted to know about sex)
This American Life (different stories with a resounding theme are told every week)
TED Talks Audio (blow your mind without the video)

No comments:

Post a Comment