Wednesday 13 August 2014

Day Trip to Kinsale





Last week it was my day off and I decided it was an 'Eff it I'm going to wear a romper, a hat, red lipstick and head off to a part of Cork I hadn't been to before. On the bus I go to Kinsale, a town in Cork I've never been to before. How I'd never been is beyond me, Kinsale is a picturesque sea town which seems to be inhabited solely of fishermen and tourists. It is surrounded by history and marshes and is a lovely place just to walk around and explore. It has two historical Forts a WW1 and a 9/11 memorial and the town itself is really pretty and tourist friendly and its only 40 minutes from the city
 I really want to do more with  my time off as it doesn't happen that often and I might aswell do as much when the weather is good.  And you cannot go to a seaside town without having some sort of sea dish in this case Chowder, I kept thinking of that episode of The Simpsons (The boy who knew too much, the one with mayor Quimbys nephew and the french waiter...)



`

No comments:

Post a Comment