Wednesday 29 June 2016

Edinburgh Escapades. Our Weekend adventure


Up until this year I have never been on a girly holiday and so far this year I've been on two.
This time we decided to head to Edinburgh for the weekend. My friend organised everything and I basically just showed up, which felt weird, but it was great.

On the first night we were booked into the Mercat underground tour which warns not to drink too much before hand which we slightly ignored and had a couple of drinks in an irish bar, had some haggis, had happy birthday sang at me, when it was no where neat my birthday, and there was so many Stags. There was also a tuc shop which sold proper Taytos, chef sauce and Barrys Tea.




So we then headed to the Historic Underground and the alcohol did not help my friends ghost angst, and a great time was had. We then headed to a whisky bar where of course I had some scotch, cause that's just what you do. We were then advised to go up from the market square to some other pubs and we ended up in an Australian pub. Which was full of french men in rugby jerseys which made me unbelievably happy. My friend walked right up to them pointed at our table and convinced them to join us. None of us spoke much french and none of them spoke much English put through drinking, pointing and arm wrestling we all became great friends. I've also been rebaptised NENE as Niamh is unpronounceable. we headed too a late Irish late bar which was covered in GAA and Munster Jerseys, which again made me very happy. We wandered home at 3.30, on a night we were supposed to have a quiet night ha

The second day we did the Sandemans Walking tour with Australian Dave, who showed us loads.The best part in my opinion was all the Harry Potter stuff. He showed us the Cafe where she wrote her first couple of books, he showed us gravestones of names which she used as inspiration and told us which streets and buildings inspired streets and buildings in the book, such as Diagon Alley and Hogwarts.My friend and I went to the cafe, as Harry Potter fans have written all over the bathroom, and I mean ALL OVER the Bathroom.  We headed to the Witchery for lunch, which is a place we were possibly not posh enough for, I had the salmon and angus patty which was needed after the previous night. My friends were very good and we all headed to the pub to watch the Ireland v South Africa match, which we didn't win, but it was fun to sit down after the walk, and for my friends to see me in rugby mode.


That evening we went along to the Edinburgh pub crawl, which covered seven pubs, had great deals and a load of free shots, and good shots, tequila, jager. We met great people from all over and chatted to loads, giving advice about Ireland
even to those not heading there. I did try and shift a gay guy but we'll try and forget that. The other girls headed home, so I headed to Espionage after I was in a place called The Cowshed, which was an odd place, but Espionage was unreal, different floors, with different music, it was a great place to finish my night.

Sunday was a more chilled we went to the Camera Obscura, which was super fun hung over, mind bending altogether, we met with one of the girls from the Pub Crawl in the Cote Restaurant, and we had steak and chips which was just what we all needed. We hung out in the Edinburgh market and then headed to the airport.




There was so much we didn't do, we barely spent any time in the  new city,  one of my friends is convinced she's going to move there. Of course this is the PG13 story of our weekend, what happens in Edinburgh stays in Edinburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment